An exciting, yet challenging, permanent position has arisen within the Goscor Lift Truck Service department for a Service Manager reporting to the General Manager Western Cape. The appointed candidate will drive and deliver all service and technical aspects of the business delivering optimum profitability through excellent customer service standards.
Staff leadership and performance management
- Recruit, mentor and develop the service team and nurture an environment where they can excel through encouragement and empowerment.
- Ensure effective communication of relevant information between departments.
- Manage performance through counselling, training, and corrective action.
- Manage disputes/ grievances/ changes in accordance with procedures and accepted practices.
- Monitor processes and implement/maintain/improve systems to ensure effective and efficient outcomes.
- Maintain an orderly workflow according to priorities.
- Always keep a safe and clean workspace.
- Delegate and direct service tasks; monitor the progress of all current and pending projects.
- Taking ownership of customers issues and following problems through to resolution.
- Develop service procedures, policies and standards.
- Monitor dispatch of products/delivery against targets and take timeous corrective action.
- Liaise with customers as required and ensure effective customer feedback.
- Keep accurate records and document customer service actions and discussions.
- Resolve/assist in the resolution of disputes with customers/subcontractors on site.
- Keep ahead of industry’s developments and apply best practices to areas of improvement.
- Consistently deliver incredible customer service experiences by offering knowledge, advice, and answering questions and concerns.
- Act as the highest source of information for all service, inventory, and product-knowledge concerns and work process matters (for both employees and customers).
- Implement and maintain company health and safety and quality standards.
- Achieve departmental budget requirements and national service KPI’s.
- Coordinate development of departmental business plan and budget.
- Control resources and utilize assets to achieve qualitative and quantitative targets.
- Develop performance targets and monitors progress/takes corrective action where required.
- Receive monthly costs, analyse variances, report against variances and take corrective action.
- Advise management on new developments and opportunities and contribute to the formulation of business strategies and policies.
- Complete and submit reports as required.
- A trade related qualification.
- Appropriate Business Administration qualifications.
- Must have experience in service management, working specifically on industrial Equipment.
- Must have a Diesel / Auto Electric / Forklift trade or related trade test certificate.
- A Business or related field qualification will be an added advantage.
- A materials handling servicing background with experience on senior management level.
- Decision making ability.
- Ability to balance strategic and operational involvement.
- Strong staff management skills.