The successful candidate will be accountable for achieving the regional sales and profitability goals. This person will be responsible for the customer satisfaction and market share within the geographical region.
- Providing quality leadership for the internal and external customers in all assigned tasks, while upholding the company’s values at all times: inclusive of constructive problem solving, facilitating creative improvements, and inspiring others.
- Achieving the Region’s revenue and profitability quotas for the companies’ products as they are sold into all customer segments within the Region.
- Establishing an environment and foundation for future sales growth.
- Selling value and solutions to the customers.
- Directing the selling activities within the Region, inclusive of resource deployment and customer interactions.
- Prioritising effectively and in accordance with corporate objectives.
- Responsible for the Region’s forecasting and sales tracking.
- Setting the vision for the Region and developing and adhering to a business plan to attain this vision.
- Evaluating market trends and gathering competitive information, identifying trends that affect current and future growth of regional sales and profitability.
- Special projects as assigned.
Qualifications and Competencies Required:
- Post matric qualification supported by 5 years of sales experience.
- Proven record of achievement in a prior sales position.
- Strong closing skills. Prior attendance at formal sales training courses a plus.
- Proven oral, written, telephone and presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to learn and retain product specific information and utilise it to present the features and benefits to customers.
- Knowledge of the Lift Truck industry, a plus.
- Computer literate with knowledge of all Microsoft Office Programmes.
- Knowledge of Autoline/CRM system is an added advantage.
- Readiness for extensive travel in the region.