The Purpose of this Position
The successful candidate will be responsible to maintain control measures over diverse business operations. To implement the correct processes and practices across the business by formulating strategy, improving performance, procuring the correct resources, and ensuring compliance.
Tasked with implementing daily operational controls, aligned with the MD’s long-term business goals and the company’s strategies.
Collaborate with the MD in setting and driving organisational vision, operational strategy, and hiring needs. Translate strategy into actionable goals for performance and growth helping to implement organisation-wide goal setting, performance management, and annual operational planning.
Oversee company operational activities and employee productivity, building a highly inclusive culture ensuring team members thrive and organisational outcomes are met
Procedure & Responsibilities
- Analyse the role of people, effective business processes and select and implement appropriate technology to improve the overall business effectiveness and ensure sustainability
- Develop actions aligned with the business strategies and plans that ensure alignment with short-term and long-term objectives developed in tandem with the MD by
Analysing Processes and data to:
- Ensure that all systems and business procedures operate efficiently and align with our quality standards
- Build processes that meet our business objectives and ensure compliance to laws and regulations
- Implement procedures to ensure business indicators management is done effectively
- Monitor daily operational activities and address potential issues when they arise
- Monitor financial data and recommend solutions that will improve profitability
- Implement effective procurement of inventory management solutions and oversee the supply chain efficiency in line with strategic objectives and key performance metrics
- Find ways to increase quality of customer service
Implementing Human Capital Management Practices
- Determine Functions and roles and the required skills and skill levels
- Coordinate with the Human Resources department to develop a workplace skills plan
- Establish integrated Key Performance Areas and Indicators and implement tools to measure these
- Evaluate performance by analysing and interpreting data and key performance metrics
- Ensure that all staff have an understanding of their roles and responsibilities and have clear visibility of their key performance areas and indicators
Selecting and Implement Systems to
- Identify and apply the use of new technologies to ensure that the business needs are catered for in the most efficient manner
- Lead and implement the digital transformation strategy
- Develop and implement standard operating procedures for data entry to ensure the integrity of information reported from the ERP systems
- Ensure that all enterprise resource planning tools are operating at optimum levels
- Ensure that information accumulated by the ERP systems is accurate and useful
Ensuring Skills are aligned with systems and system requirements
- Review skills in line with new system requirements
- Identify re-training requirements
- Identify right sizing requirements
Supporting Business Growth Initiatives
- Maintain and build trusted relationships with business partners and stakeholders
- Participate in expansion initiatives (investments, acquisitions, dealer network)
- Implement customer reporting mechanisms to ensure customers’ expectations are met with regards to their equipment
- A degree in either Business, Commerce, Industrial Engineering or Business Systems.
- An MBA or Post Graduate Qualification in the above fields of study would be advantageous.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Good working knowledge of business operations and departmental interfaces
- Understand the importance of business facets e.g. Marketing and Sales, Finance and Engineering
- Business processes and process optimisation
- Data extraction, analysis, and interpretation
- Financial ratios and other business drivers
- Business Systems (ERP)
- Exceptional skills in Microsoft Excel or Equivalent
- Inquisitive nature with an analytical mind to challenge the status quo
- Patience in the identification of opportunities and developing solutions
- Behave Ethically: Unquestionable ethical behaviour and business practices and ensure that own behaviour and the behaviour of others is consistent with these standards and aligns with the values of the organisation.
- Communicate Effectively: Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Creativity/Innovation: Develop new and unique ways to improve the organisation to find more effective operational solutions
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
All applications (complete CV) must be submitted no later than close of business on Friday, 27th May 2022. Email:
email@example.com Ref: GLTJ 05/22/628