An exciting, yet challenging, permanent position has arisen within the Goscor Lift Truck Company, Cape Town for a Contracts Manager reporting to the Service Manager. The appointed candidate will drive and deliver all service and technical aspects of the business delivering optimum profitability through excellent customer service standards
Staff leadership and performance management
- Develop/implement departmental manpower structures and leads/direct departmental teams towards goal achievement.
- Develop/implement/communicate performance targets/ measures/ standards/ outcomes to staff.
- Implement communication strategies to ensure effective communication of relevant information and involvement of staff.
- Manage performance through counselling, training, and corrective action.
- Manage disputes/ grievances/ changes in accordance with procedures and accepted practices.
- Monitor processes and implement/maintain/improve procedures/systems to ensure effective and efficient process/variability control.
- Ensure implementation HR/SHE/QA policies and procedures.
- Manage contract profitability.
- Manage WIP via controllers – Follow up on Breakdowns, assist controllers
- Service handovers on new machine delivery with sales
- Follow up on load testing repairs
- Weekly vehicle checks
- Follow up on emails and WhatsApp’s
- Monitor dispatch of products/delivery against targets and take timeous corrective action.
- Customer backordered parts follow ups daily
- Following up on quoting on additional work required as applicable, from the job cards/service reports after every service and repair has been carried out
- Tracks analyse and report metrics or client service levels
- Ensure the successful landing of new clients
- Carry out random inspections on customer’s equipment after service and repairs have been completed – check up on technician work quality and difficult repairs
- Collect monthly excess hours
- Ensuring the market related pricing and competitive information is always up to date and to report any changes and developments in the market back to the management team
- Manage the quality of Product Support services and liaise with Rental/Short Term Rentals (STR) team
- Ensure compliance of support delivery and case resolution with stated service level agreements (SLA’s)
- Submitting weekly reports accurately and on time
- Servicing of maintenance and chargeable customers – Liaise with customers as required and ensure effective customer feedback communication processes.
- Liaise with customers as required and ensure effective customer feedback communication processes.
- Resolve/assist in the resolution of disputes with customers subcontractors on site.
- Ensure systems and procedures are in place to document contractual issues and manage contractual documentation effectively and efficiently.
- Ensure variances in scope during project delivery are dealt with in accordance with an agreed procedure and company objectives are met.
- Lead and direct all the major contracts under the service of support area.
- Attend to warranties
- Coordinate development of departmental business plan and budget.
- Develop performance targets and monitors progress/takes corrective action where required.
- Receive monthly costs, analysis variances, reports against variances and takes corrective action.
- Advise management on new developments and opportunities and contribute to the formulation of business strategies and policies.
- Complete and submit reports as required.
- A trade related qualification.
- At least 5 years’ experience in forklift industry
- Firm knowledge of company policies and procedures
- Track record with customer retention and major accounts
- Appropriate Business Administration qualification.
- Computer literate – Microsoft programs
- A solid capital equipment servicing background with experience on senior management level.
- Must have experience in Service Management, working specifically on Industrial Equipment.
- Decision making ability.
- Ability to balance strategic and operational involvement.
- Strong staff management skills.
- Hands on approach as required.
- Market related, depending on experience.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
All applications (complete CV) must be submitted no later than close of business on Friday, 01 July 2022. Email:
email@example.com Ref: GLTW 06/22/639.