The Purpose of this Position
The successful candidate’s responsibilities will use specially designed equipment to check and repair batteries/ chargers.
- Maintain, repair and/or replace batteries for Material Handling Equipment.
- Operate various forklifts as required to load and unload trailers, move material within the battery changing area, or remove material handling equipment from the area when the operator is unavailable.
- Maintain Hazardous Material awareness to ensure knowledge regarding handling and moving hazardous materials.
- As assigned, provide assistance or training to others and or coordinate activities.
- Maintain professional and courteous customer relations including, client, vendor, and internal team.
- Participate actively in safety meetings.
- Maintains safety work practices as defined by the company.
Qualifications and Competencies Required:
- Must have a minimum N6 or Diploma in Electrical Relevant 3-5 years’ battery and charger maintenance experience.
- Must have a red seal qualification and prepared to go get a wireman’s license
- Must be responsible and trustworthy to work in field.
- Must be in good health.
- Must be able to read and write English.
- Highly motivated person and be able to liaise with customers.
- Must have good communication skills.
- Hardworking person and have a good nature to fit in with our current team.
- Must have a technical aptitude.
- Must have a Driver’s license.
All applications (complete CV) must be submitted no later than close of business on Friday, 03rd December 2021. Email: email@example.com Ref: GLTD 11/21/587
The Goscor Group is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and does not discriminate against persons because of age, race, religion, disability, gender, ethnic or national origin, or veteran status. Should you not hear from us within two weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.