We are looking for an experienced Accountant to prepare and monitor all financial data and results for the company.
Responsibilities and Functions:
- Processing and reconciling cashbook and related accounts daily, as well as ensuring that all queries are resolved timeously.
- Communicating with accounts staff in resolving of all queries.
- Checking and releasing Creditor and COD payments within given deadlines.
- Preparing accurate daily, weekly, and monthly cashflows.
- Preparing and posting of Journal entries.
- Ensuring that all Nominal Ledger / Trial Balance reconciliations are prepared and reviewed monthly.
- Create, Maintain and Control Assets Registers.
- Preparation of Month end files, both hard copy as well as electronic.
- Assist Financial Manager with preparation and review of Management Accounts.
- Analytical review of Trial Balance against Budget.
- Preparation of monthly VAT reconciliations and Return.
- Preparation of Income Tax schedules.
- Raising of Sales Ledger Invoices relating to specific recharges.
- Assisting branches and other stakeholders with all queries where required.
- Assisting the Financial Manager with budget and forecasting processes.
- Monitor and report on accounting discrepancies.
- Monitor and evaluate risk areas.
- Liaising with external and internal audit and resolving all queries.
- Assist with and prepare BEE information and audits.
- Any other accounting and statutory related functions that may arise from time to time.
Personal skills and Working attributes:
- Enhanced numerical skills and attention to detail.
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Time Management and organisation, meeting deadlines and tracking responsibilities and priorities.
- Effective communication in a clear and understandable way.
- Confidentiality, credibility, and trust.
- Be self-reliant, self-motivated, and accountable.
- Proven work experience as an Accountant or similar role.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel and accounting software.
- In-depth understanding of business bookkeeping procedures.
- Solid knowledge of accounting regulations.
- Minimum B Com degree with accounting as major.