- Only authorised, licensed and well-trained MHE Operators to drive the vehicles.
- Ensure the MHE Equipment used is checked and in good working condition before using it.
- The appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to be used, when using the MHE.
- When identifying that the MHE has 10% battery power left, the machine needs to be moved safely towards the battery bay.
- Park the MHE in the designated parking area in front of the battery bay and inform the Battery Bay MHE Operator.
- Be careful and aware of the pedestrians walking on the walkway between the battery bay and the parking area.
- Keep on pressing the MHE hooter, to ensure pedestrians and other co-workers are aware of your presence in the area.
- After parking the MHE, you need to change it to “Turtle Mode” and switch the machine off.
- Walk to the waiting area and wait inside the barriers until the MHE Battery is changed.
- Never stand outside the barriers in the way of the battery bay entrance or exit.
- No MHE Operator is allowed to enter the Battery Bay area without the proper authorisation.
- When the Battery Bay Operator is finished changing the MHE battery, they will move it back into the parking area and hand it over.
- Keep the machine in “Turtle Mode” until you have moved out of the area safely, before continuing your work.
DOWNLOAD BATTERY SAFETY DOCUMENT HERE
DOWNLOAD BATTERY CARE AND MAINTENANCE DOCUMENT HERE